Words hold energy due to the meaning we give them. I felt this very clearly one day when I was at a training and the trainer had the participants slowly repeat the word "yes" approximately 10 times, at the same time we paid attention to the sensations in our bodies. Then we did the same thing with the word "no". The difference was like salt and pepper. It was such a simple exercise and I experienced a dramatic shift in my body between the two words. Try it for yourself to see what I mean.
Mantras are an opportunity for us to consciously bring some of the energy we want into our awareness. We can feel this energy immediately. There are no set rules about using mantras only suggestions for a variety of applications.
Some of my favorites include combining simple movements with words (mantras). For example, I stand with my feet about shoulder width apart. I breathe in while I move my hands up my torso and silently focus on a word symbolizing something I want to bring into my life, such as strength or peace or calm. I imagine pulling this energy up from the earth through my feet and through my body, washing this positive vibration up over my face. When my hands reach the top (above my head) I reverse the movement. As I exhale, I move my arms out and down (spreading my arms out wide-one arm on each side). I choose a word like guidance or joy or presence and I imagine I am pulling down that energy from high up in the heavens letting it spiral around me and through me. Now my arms are back by my sides and I can repeat the process.
The whole experience takes only a minute or two but once you get started you may want to keep going because it feels so good! It is such a quick and easy way to get grounded and refocused.
May you be safe and feel your goodness.


No comments :
Post a Comment